Friday, June 18, 2010

Chess Squares

The following recipe is a favorite of my son. It is reminiscent of the creamy filling of a Chess Pie recipe I posted a few months ago, but comes in a convenient cookie bar. It only requires five ingredients and bakes in thirty minutes. Let's bake it...shall we?

You will need the following:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
4 eggs
1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar


First, you will need to make the crust. Combine the cake mix, one egg, and the entire stick of melted butter. Mix well and press into a 13x9 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Make sure to press the mixture up the sides of the pan, just a bit.


Next, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and three eggs. Mix on high speed with an electric mixer. Make sure the mixture is smooth, with no lumps. Pour on top of the crust mixture.

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. Your end result will be a firm crust with a creamy filling.



I would be remiss if I didn't thank my cooking buddy. He hung out with me, right by my feet, during the entire process.



All together now......"Awwwwwww".



6 comments:

  1. I used to make these! They're wonderful. I don't know exactly how they slipped from my baking repertoire. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm this sounds yummy and your cooking buddy is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love stuff like this but i am toooo wide to make it and eat it. The puppy think it smells good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very good and so easy. I think your cooking buddy was hoping for a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY...yes...im going to make that :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read my mind!
    How did you do that?!
    Tee hee
    That looks delicious. I'm copying it down!

    ReplyDelete