Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Baby!

This past weekend we loaded up and drove to the ever so lovely state of Georgia. As it so happened, we drove down to the peach state on Sunday and drove back to home on Monday.

Seriously.

Secret Agent Man bought a vehicle online and we decided to muster as a family unit and travel with him to pick it up. Please don't ask me why I thought this decision was okay. It was a long drive there......and a long drive back home. But every cloud has its silver lining, and mine involved doughnuts. Krispy Kreme doughnuts to be precise. While driving through the endearing town of Sugarhill, I spotted this sign.


Then, more importantly, I spotted this sign. Hot doughnuts ready, NOW! It was like a sign from above.



We watched the doughnuts rolling off the line and then we all picked several for purchase. The Deerslayer ate four doughnuts before I could blink an eye. I should also mention that he has grown several inches, and gone through several clothing sizes, in the past few months. His appetite amazes me at times.


Toots went patriotic and chose the red, white, and blue sprinkled doughnuts.


Perhaps the most amazing feat of all was that Secret Agent Man ate not one doughnut, but TWO! He is very strict about his diet and exercise regime, so I wasn't even sure he would eat one.


The nearest Krispy Kreme shop is 1 1/2 hours away from the farmette. I may have to take a short road trip in the near future.....




3 comments:

  1. I cannot pass up hot Krispy Kremes either! We picked up 2 dozen glazed and chocolate ones on our last trip to the beach in Panama City and they were all gone before we got to Alabama! They were SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Krispy Kremes! The filled and the ones with the hole in the middle cost the same now. They are like potato chips, you can't just eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krispy Kreme is simply irresistible!!!
    And the HOT NOW sign must not be passed up. It IS a sin!!!

    ReplyDelete