Monday, September 6, 2010

Fudge Brownies with White Chocolate, Toffee, and Pecans

In honor of Labor Day I decided to labor a bit in the kitchen and make a fabulous batch of brownies. This recipe comes from Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey, the ladies who founded The Magnolia Bakery and started a cupcake craze. Not only were they famous for their cupcakes, but also for cakes, brownies and cookie bars. This recipe comes from their book, "The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, Old Fashioned Recipes from New York's Sweetest Bakery".

Let's get started, shall we?

You will need the following for the brownie:
1 cup self-rising flour
12 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Topping ingredients:
3/4 cup toffee pieces
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups white chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used white chocolate chips.)


*Grease a 12x18 inch jelly roll pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium size saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and mix in the sugar, the eggs, and the vanilla extract.



Mix in the flour and pour the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the toffee and the pecans evenly over the batter. Bake 25-28 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into center of pan comes out with moist crumbs attached. Do not over bake.



Let cool for 20 minutes and sprinkle the white chocolate chunks over the brownies. Allow to cool to room temperature, or over night, before cutting and serving.

Enjoy and serve with copious amounts of milk....you will need it.



15 comments:

  1. I think I could EAT that cookbook's cover by the looks of it. Maybe I'll cook today... on second thought... not! But I'm glad you did. Send me a virtual one. hahahaha D-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that even I could try this recipe, you explained it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You have that little piece on the plate...just give me a fork and the pan. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look divine. Thanks for the recipe! (we have the same KitchenAid mixer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds and looks delicious! I'm going to a cookout this Friday night at my sister-in-laws, so thanks for taking the guess work out of what I'll bring to the party. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that looks sooooo good..
    good cookin... cant be beat..
    thanks for the recipe.. i will give it a try...
    cya soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what I would do for a Brownie! Those look amazing, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interestingly this recipe! I tried, and I would say if it went well ... bye !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks really pretty! My kids love fudge, I think they'll love this. Peanut butter fudge is actually their favorite. But I'm sure they'll find this one really cool, too. They love pecan nuts, well I do, too! So I think I'll be trying this fudge recipe of yours really soon. Thanks for sharing by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I love Magnolia Bakery's goods and have to run by it so I don't buy any. I'm always on a diet...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Tuesday!
    Those brownies look amazing. Now I have a brownie craving...lol
    Have a great rest of your day!
    http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy does that look delicious. And rich. Definitely lots of ice cold milk!

    ReplyDelete